Perfect for summer, easy grilled chicken street tacos and homemade guacamole are a healthy and delicious pairing ideal for a busy weeknight or a gathering with family and friends around the pool. Street tacos are smaller tacos, usually served on corn tortillas. Their small size makes it easier for a people on the go to enjoy a quick meal. Chicken thighs are a little more forgiving because they are naturally juicier, but you can use chicken breast if you prefer. Top tacos with sliced avocados or pair with guacamole, and you’re ready for an exciting and fresh meal!
Grilled Chicken Street Tacos
Courtesy of tastesbetterfromscratch.com
Prep time: 1 hr 15 min | cook time: 15 min | Yield: 4 servings
1.5 lb marinated boneless skinless chicken thighs
20-22 mini white corn tortillas, warmed or grilled
pico de gallo or salsa
½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
fresh lime juice
hot sauce (optional)
sour cream (optional)
For the Marinade:
4 tablespoons orange juice
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 ½ tablespoons lime juice
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 ½ tablespoon ancho chili powder or chipotle chili powder
2 teaspoons oregano
2 teaspoons paprika
¼ teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1. Make chicken marinade by combining all ingredients in a large ziplock bag. Add chicken thighs.
2. Refrigerate for at least one hour or up to overnight.
3. Preheat grill over medium-hight heat. Oil the grill with canola oil or spray generously with cooking spray. Remove chicken from marinade and place on hot grill.
4. Cook 4-5 minutes on each side, flipping once (thickest part of the chicken should register at about 165 degrees).
5. Transfer to a plate and allow to rest for a few minutes before chopping into small pieces.
6. Layer two warmed mini corn tortillas. Top with chopped chicken, pico de gallo, and cilantro. Optional (but delicious) toppings include hot sauce, sour cream and avocado or guacamole. Spritz with a little lime juice and enjoy!
the best guacamole
Courtesy of allrecipes.com
Prep time: 10 min | Yield: 4 servings
3 avocados (peeled, pitted, and mashed)
1 lime, juiced
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup diced onion
3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
2 roma (plum) tomatoes, diced
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 pinch ground cayenne pepper (optional)
In a medium bowl, mash together the avocados, lime juice, and salt. Mix in onion, cilantro, tomatoes, and garlic. Stir in cayenne pepper. Refrigerate one hour for best flavor, or serve immediately.